Sophia is most advanced human-like robot developed by the Hong Kong-based company Hanson Robotics.
After being activated on February 14, 2016, Sophia made her first public appearance at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, in the United States, in mid-March.
As a distinctive combination of engineering, science, and creativity, Sophia is simultaneously a human-crafted science fiction character displaying the future of AI and robotics, and a platform for advanced robotics and artificial intelligence research.
Features of Sophia Robot
Sophia receives visual information about its surroundings using a computer vision program that analyses data from cameras inside of Sophia’s eyes. It can maintain eye contact, track faces, and identify people. Using a natural language subsystem, it can converse and process speech.
Key Features of sophia robot includes
- The size of a human
- The most expressive face that resembles a human
- Patented artificial skin
- Skin tone, face features, language, and arm colors may all be altered.
- A comprehensive range of human-like emotional expressions
- Understanding sentences and context with a cloud connection
- Motions of the mouth, face, and entire body are coordinated with speech production.
- 74 degrees of freedom
- Articulated fingers, arms and shoulders
- Three different rolling base options including self- navigating
- 600 gr. payload for each hand
- Body tracking and face detection
- a large variety of physical interaction activities can be programmed
Sophia received an update in early 2018 that gave her usable legs and the capacity to move. Sophia’s “lifelike” complexion and capacity to reproduce more than 60 different facial emotions have drawn praise from CNBC.
The computer program ELIZA, one of the first efforts to simulate a human conversation, is theoretically similar to Sophia in that both use pre-written replies to queries or phrases, much like chatbots. Stock replies to queries like “Is the door open or shut?” are used to give the impression that the robot can comprehend dialogue. In 2017, Hanson Robotics revealed intentions to open Sophia to a cloud environment via a decentralized blockchain marketplac, The David Hanson said that Sophia would ultimately be a good fit to serve many tasks in healthcare, customer service, therapy and education,it is a best example of advance ai.